Thursday, February 28, 2013

Purple-urple Roasted Potatoes!

Gorgeous!
 
Purple is my favorite color, maybe that's why I am so intrigued by purple potatoes!  Well, its either that, or the fact that they sell cheaper per pound than the red potatoes AND:
 
 
" Purple potatoes are the one starch that doesn’t add pounds, while providing the antioxidant, anthocyanin, the same flavonoid that is found in red and purple produce such as berries and pomegranates...." - NaturalHealth365.com
 
 
At first, the boys weren't too keen on the thought of eating purple potatoes.  After their first bite, they changed their minds.  I suggested that I could try mashing them next time...they didn't like that idea at all.  :(  Don't mess with men and their mashed potatoes! 
 
I didn't get a picture of the finished product.  They didn't look quite as pretty once they had been roasted.  Imagine a roasted russet potato, now imagine a purple roasted russet potato...and that's exactly what they looked like! :)

INGREDIENTS:

3 lbs. purple potatoes, cubed
1/4 C olive oil (I used seasoned)
kosher salt (as much or as little as you like, I used aprox. 1/4 tsp.)
fresh ground black pepper (as much or as little as you like, I used aprox. 1/2 tsp.)

DIRECTIONS:

Adjust your oven rack to the lowest position and preheat your oven to 450 degrees.  Toss the potatoes with the oil, and salt and pepper.  Arrange them cut side down on a cookie sheet prepared with cooking spray.  Roast until tender, about 20-30 minutes.  (Check at 20 minutes) ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment