Monday, February 11, 2013

Home Front




One of my most recent reads was "Home Front" written by Kristin Hannah.  This was my first time reading a book by this author and I'm sure it will not be my last.  I really loved her style of easy to read writing and I instantly felt a connection with her main character, Jolene.

 Jolene reminded me in the first several chapters of the type of woman and mother I strive to be.  Jolene is a strong, loyal and an independent woman who has very realistic focuses in life.  Her husband, her children, her career and her best friend are the things in her life that matter to her the most. While dealing with the effects of a tragic accident and when the wants and needs from the main priorities in her life are all pulling at her from every direction, she finds herself nearly broken and most definitely at rock bottom.  During her deepest struggles, Jolene manages to pull through and continue to be the woman that she set out to be in her young age.

Hannah gives a new perspective on war and how it can tragically affect thousands of Americans and their families.    A very emotional read that will keep you turning pages well past your bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment