Monday, February 18, 2013

Presidents Day Weekend Re-cap



Yesterday was such a beautiful day, the weather was perfect!  We took advantage of the nice day and took the kids on a bike ride.  We LOVE our family bike rides!!!

(Little Carson is waaay up in front, he sits in a cool baby sit in front of dad)
 
 
We rode about six miles round trip, to my sisters house and back. 
 
 
(a view of the delta along the way)
 
 
I planned to try a new recipe for dinner.  A Martha Stewart recipe.  BIG mistake and I'm mad at myself for even trying it.  There is something about Martha, (even long before she became a felon) that just doesn't agree with me.  I can't tell you what it is, and I feel really bad because she seems like a decent lady.  Years ago I used to watch her show (not the talk show, I'm talking about the one where she would go out and pick flowers and put fresh eggs in baskets with bows and then use those cute little eggs to cook things with).  I would get so annoyed by her, but for some reason I kept on watching.  It was quite frustrating!
 
Anyway, it was a casserole recipe with chicken, kale and a couple types of cheeses.  It sounded worth trying.  I could tell right away that the husband didn't care for it, even though he didn't say much. Dominic on the other hand was a little less polite and blurted out "epic fail, Mom!" Sheesh kid...why you gotta be so harsh?!
 
So even though I've had better, I decided I would save the leftovers and eat them myself for lunch.  Well, I forgot to put the container in the fridge and it sat out overnight.  I took it as a sign from God that nobody should eat that casserole ever again!! Thank you, God!!
 
 
I did some grocery shopping today.  Everything was going smoothly, (which is a rare occurance whenever Carson is in the shopping cart), when I stumbled upon this...
 
(This is for you Jacquleen, It's $10.98 at Wal-Mart!)
 
A friend  recently asked me if I had any crockpot recipes that called for chicken or beef and potatoes.  Sadly, I didn't.  When I saw this prepackaged crockpot meal with beef and potatoes...I HAD to snap a picture of it for her.  How smart of Tyson for thinking of this!
 

Within a matter of seconds, our beautiful weather quickly turned cold and windy on us this afternoon.  The boys and I took advantage of it and flew a kite.  That's about as high as we managed to get it! :)

Hope you all enjoyed your Presidents Day weekend as much as we did!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment