Friday, February 15, 2013

Chocolate-Coconut Mousse







The highlight of our Valentines Day dinner last night was our dessert.  By far!  At the last minute I decided to make a change, which I think was for the better, but its hard to say for sure since it was only my first time making this.  So with that change, what was supposed to be "Chocolate Frosting Shots", quickly turned into "Chocolate-Coconut Mousse".  Changes like that seem to happen a lot in my kitchen.

If you're a fan of coconut and a fan of chocolate, this is definitely a dessert your going to want to try!!! A perfect medley of the two.

Don't judge a dessert by its picture.  Judge it because I am telling you that it's awesome!! :)

INGREDIENTS:

1 can Coconut Milk
1/2 C (approx.) Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 C cocoa powder
1/2 C powdered sugar
Coconut Flakes, optional.  (This is a serving suggestion that just popped into my head, wish I would've thought about that last night, dang it!)

DIRECTIONS:

Place the can of coconut milk into the refrigerator and leave it there over night.  Open the can (without shaking it).  Skim off the thick white content off of the top and place into a medium bowl.  (you can reserve the clear liquid to use for something else if you'd like).  Add equal parts of heavy whipping cream. (I eyeballed it, but it was about 1/2 cup.) Add the remaining ingredients and using a whipping attachment of an electric mixer, whip until thick like mousse.  Sprinkle with coconut flakes. ENJOY!





2 comments:

  1. If only I had placed a can of coconut milk in my fridge last night, I'd be trying this right now! ;)

    -crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't normally keep a can of that stuff in your fridge??? I'm kidding, but really...your going to LOVE it!!!

      Delete