Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rosemary Chicken in Butter Wine Sauce and Oven Roasted Red Potatoes

Rosemary Chicken in butter wine sauce and Oven roasted red potatoes
Ive made this chicken dish twice.  The first time I used 1 TBSP fresh minced rosemary as the recipe calls for.  I am a HUGE fan of rosemary, but even that amount was too overpowering for me.  So this time I used dried (because I had some in the cupboard already) and I eyeballed the amount I put in...I'd say maybe 3/4 tsp.  It seemed to be the perfect amount to meet my taste!  My son absolutley LOVES these oven roasted red potatoes.  I like to call them "better than french fry potatoes" because he seems to eat these as well as he would a stack of fries.  :)  Last night he told me that this is his new favorite dinner!

INGRDIENTS (for chicken):
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz each) (I used three whole chicken breasts)
4 TBSP butter, divided
1/2 C white wine (or you can use chicken broth.  I recommend using white wine, it'll give you more depth in flavor.)
1/2 C heavy whipping cream
1 TBSP minced fresh rosemary (I used 3/4 tsp dried)

DIRECTIONS (for chicken):
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.  (Since I used whole chicken breasts it took at least double that amount of time)  Remove and keep warm
Add wine to the pan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.  Add cream and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cook and stir until slightly thickened.  Stir in rosemary and remaining butter until blended. Serve sauce with chicken.

INGREDIENTS (for potatoes)
3 lbs small red new potatoes, halved
1/4 C olive oil
1 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS (for potatoes)
Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450 degrees.  Toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper.  Arrange, cut side down, on a large lipped cook sheet or jellyroll pan.
Roast until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes (check after 20 minutes)  Transfer to a serving dish.

***My potatoes were done at 20 minutes***


Like · ·

No comments:

Post a Comment