Friday, October 7, 2011

Pumpkin Fudge

This was a fun little twist on a holiday classic. As I often do, I decided to put my own little touch on this recipe, the only problem being is that I completley forgot I was going to add one last step in at the end and I didn't have things ready.  So I found myself scrambling to chop pecans when I should have been pouring the mix into the prepared pan.  Having the fudge sit in the pot a little longer than it should (even for just a minute) will have its consequences.  As a result of my forgetfulness...my fudge was just a little bit grainy.  The taste was still great, but lesson learned...don't forget to chop your nuts!!!

INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp butter
2 1/2 C white sugar
2/3 C evaporated milk
1 C white chocolate chips
7 oz marshmallow creme
3/4 C canned pumpkin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
1.) Line a 9x9 inch pan with aluminum foil, and set aside.
2.) In a 3 quart saucepan, heat milk and sugar over medium heat.  Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
3.) Mix in pumpkin puree and cinnamon; bring back to a boil.  Stir in marshmallow creme and butter.  Bring to a rolling boil.  Cook, stirring ocasionally, for 18 minutes.
4.) Remove from heat, and add white chocolate chips and vanilla.  Stir until creamy and all chips are melted.  Pour into prepared pan.  Cool, remove from pan, and cut into squares.  Store in a cool, dry place.
* if desired...add chopped pecans (a little or a lot depending on what you like...sorry didn't measure the amount I used) during step 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment