Monday, October 17, 2011

Baked Potato Soup

This is a very delicious soup that is SUPER easy and fast to make! My husband and I LOVED it :) It was a little peppery so my son wouldn't eat it, but the recipe can easily be adjusted to take care of that if you have picky kids to feed.

INGREDIENTS:
3 bacon strips, diced (I used half a pack of thick sliced bacon because I knew my husband would want more)
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (psssht! I used three!)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth (whenever I boil chicken I reserve the water, measure it out, and freeze to use it for things like this!)
2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup half and half cream
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Minced fresh parsley.

DIRECTIONS:
In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp.  Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.  Set bacon aside.  Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender.  Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well.  Gradually add broth.  Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.  Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil.  Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsely.

No comments:

Post a Comment