Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No Bake Energy Bites

These little bites remind me of a granola bar, but in a ball form.  They were super easy and quick to throw together and most of the ingredients I already had in my pantry.  The recipe doesn't make a ton of balls (well I suppose it depends on how big or small you roll them, but mine were about 1 TBSP of mixture each).  My husband and son LOVED these!  I had some for a snack earlier today and they were FANTASTIC!!! Next time I plan to double the recipe.  :)

INGREDIENTS:
1 C oatmeal
1/2 C peanut butter or other nut butter
1/3 C honey
1 C coconut flakes
1/2 C ground flaxseed
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

DIRECTIONS:
Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until thoroughly combined.  Place the bowl in the fridge and allow to chill for at least a half hour.  Remove from the fridge and roll/press the mixture into balls.  These can be stored in an air tight container and can be refridgerated for up to one week.  Enjoy!

recipe adapted from smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment