Saturday, December 3, 2011

Balsamic & Parmesan Oven Roasted Cauliflower

I was a little unsure about this one, but all of the ingredients seem to be right up my alley so I thought...What the heck, lets give it a try!  I thought it turned out fabulous and am excited to add this one to my recipe binder!! Although I loved it just the was it was, my husband said "its a little to balsamicy for my taste".  So next time I'll try decreasing the amount I used.

INGREDIENTS:
1 large head of cauliflower cut into 1-inch thick florets
2 TBSP extra-vigin olive oil
1 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1/2 C finely shredded Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl.  Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15-20 minutes.  Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese.  Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5-10 minutes longer.

adapted from eatingwell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment