Saturday, December 3, 2011

S'mores Cookie Bars

I found this recipe online as I was on my way to the grocery store last night, being that I'm not really a baker it worked really well for me!  Usually when I want to eat some yummy home baked goods I just head over to my sisters house! She can make any dessert recipe happen!  There was NO WAY we were going to wait for these to "completely cool before cutting" as the recipe calls for.  So ours were a little on the crumbly side, but the chocolate inside was warm and gooey!!!!  YUM!!! I ate two!

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 C butter at room temperature
1/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 C all purpose flour
3/4 graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 giant sized Hershey's milk chocolate bar
1 jar marshmallow creme/fluff

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease an 8-in square baking pan.  In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.  Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.  Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.  Separate the chocolate bar along pre-determined squares.  Space them evenly over the dough.  Spread the marshmallow creme evenly over the chocolate.  Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff.  This is easiest done by forming "shingles" by flattening the dough in the palm of your hands and laying them together.  Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned.  Its suggested to cool completely before cutting, but I say GO FOR IT!!!! :)

adapted from lovin' from the oven blog

No comments:

Post a Comment