Thursday, November 3, 2011

Carmelized Chicken

If you are anything like me and keep your freezer well stocked along with your pantry, then you can easily use this recipe as a quick go to meal for those days when you didn't have anything planned for dinner.  I always keep chicken breasts and thighs in my freezer and any of the two would work just fine.  I decided to go with the  thighs because I seemed to have a lot in the freezer already.  I pulled out a pack of six frozen chicken thighs in the morning, threw this marinade together in about five mintues and popped them into the oven where they cooked for 35minutes.  Every minute counts during my weeknight evenings so its meals like this that I LOVE to take advantage of.  I'll throw some rice in the rice cooker and serve some fruit as another side.  While the oven and rice cooker are busy at work I like to take advantage of my free time getting in a few miles in on the treadmill.  And in the end I end up looking like supermom, when in reality I had nothing planned for dinner and didn't think I'd get a workout in at all that day!!!

INGREDIENTS:
6 chicken thighs
2 TBSP olive oil
1/3 C soy sauce
2 TBSP ketchup
2/3 C honey
2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a bowl whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, and garlic.  Place the chicken into a glass 13x9 baking dish.  sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and salt.  Pour the marinade on top of the chicken and bake uncovered for about 35 minutes.
***My only regret about this recipe is that I wasn't thinking and forgot to pull the skin off the chicken (which I normally do).  So all the yummy flavor was on the skin which I peeled off later and threw away.  :( Next time I will pull the skin off before I cook it.  Tthere was enough excess marinade that I was able to dip my chicken in.  It was delish!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment