Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Jalapeno Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

No words can express how much we LOVED this recipe!!! It was EXCELLENT!!! The recipe is enough for two sandwiches, and I was a little sad that I couldn't have a second.  :( I recommend this recipe to all mankind!!! :) :) :) Its my newest favorite sandwich!!! I did make a few subtle changes to the original recipe, I'll go ahead and post it exactly how I did it last night for dinner.

INGREDIENTS:
4 Jalapenos
1 TBSP Cream Cheese
1 TBSP Ranch Dressing
2-3 Green Onions chopped
4 large pieces of sundried tomatoes; chopped (if packed in oil, remove the excess with a paper towel)
cheese (I two slices of colby jack per sandwich)
butter
bread (I used sourdough)

DIRECTIONS:
First you'll need to roast your jalapenos.  You can do this on an outdoor grill, or if you have a gas stove, you can do it on your heating element.  ( I suppose you can do this under the broiler as well).  While your jalapenos are roasting combine the cream cheese, ranch dressing, chives and sundried tomatoes in a bowl.  Once the jalapenos are done roasting, place them in a zip loc bag for a few minutes, then peep the skins off, cut them in half and remove the seeds and spines.  On one slice of bread spread the cream cheese mixture, lay out a slice of cheese, top with two jalapenos, add another slice of cheese and top with another slice of bread that has been prepared with the cream cheese mixture.  Generously butter the outsides of your sandwich and cook on a medium heat cast iron griddle (or in a pan) until golden brown on each side.  Slice in half and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment