Monday, January 14, 2013

Balsamic and Rosemary Salmon

Ignore the dried rosemary.  It doesn't belong there. Had I followed the recipe as it was written instead of trying to use what was already in my cupboard, this recipe would have been flawless. So instead of sharing with you what I did, I am going to share with you what I should have done!

This was a first time recipe for me which worked out nicely as a busy weeknight dinner. The salmon does need a little bit of time to marinate, about thirty minutes before baking.  I'll be making this again, but next time following the recipe exactly.  The original recipe called for fresh rosemary sprigs, but since I only had dried that's what I went with. The flavor was really good, but I don't think the long, dry, crunchy rosemary needles meshed well with the soft, flaky salmon.  I found myself pushing the rosemary off to the side with my fork. Its a texture thing! :)


INGREDIENTS:

2 lbs. fresh salmon
1/2 C balsamic vinegar
1/4 C olive oil
1 clove of garlic
2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
juice of one lemon

DIRECTIONS:

In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.  Place a large sheet of aluminum foil into a 13X9 baking dish.  Place the salmon on top of the foil and drizzle the marinade on top. Place the fresh rosemary sprigs on top.  Fold the sides of the foil up and cover the salmon completely.  Place in the fridge and let it sit for at least thirty minutes.  When your ready to bake, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  Bake for 30 minutes or until the salmon flakes off easily.  Discard the rosemary sprigs.  Enjoy!

*Note: The recipe for the marinade makes a lot, I didn't use all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment