Monday, February 20, 2012

Sopapilla Cheesecake

I found this recipe a month or so back and was just waiting for the right opportunity to make it.  Yesterday was the day! And boy am I glad that I waited to make it to take along to someone elses house, because had I made it for just us at home we would've been in major T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!  For me it was one of those things that you taste, then immediately you need to re taste and as you slowly back away, you KNOW that you'll be back in a minute for "just one more" taste.  I didn't stop "tasting"  until the dish was empty. This recipe is perfect for all those non-bakers out there like myself.

INGREDIENTS:
2 cans of pillsbury crescent rolls (I used reduced fat)
2 8oz packages of softened neufcatel cheese
1 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C melted butter
1 TBSP cinnamon
4 TBSP sugar

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar and set aside.  In a 13x9 baking dish, roll out one of the cans of crescent rolls flat.  Pinch together along perforation lines.  In a medium mixing bowl, mix together neufchatel cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer.  Spread the mix evenly over the prepared crescent roll.  Carefully unroll the second can of crescent rolls, flatten, (I used a rolling pin for this one) and close along perforations and lay on top of the cream cheese mixture.  Evenly top with the melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon/ sugar mixture.  Bake for 20-30 minutes.
This taste wonderful warm and gooey, but is much easier served at room temperature (which tastes great too!)

adapted from myyellowumbrella.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment