Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Mug Cake

When it comes to cake, I have absolutley zero will power.  Whenever I crave sweets cake ALWAYS does the trick.  So when I found a recipe for a Mug Cake online I was very eager to try it!  It literally took me about FIVE minutes to prep, cook, and clean up my mess.  The recipe I found called for salted caramels, which I didn't have, so I replaced it with white chocolate chips.  I'm not sure if it was due to the amount of salt called for in the cake batter, but the combination of the chocolate cake and the white chocolate chips created a salty/sweet taste...delish!  My hubby and I shared the mug cake and still had some left over (which I plan to polish off just as soon as I'm finished posting this recipe!)

INGREDIENTS:
4 TBSP all purpose flour
4 TBSP sugar
3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg beaten
3 TBSP milk
1 TBSP veggie oil
a small handfull of white chocolate chips (maybe 1/4??)

DIRECTIONS:
In a small bowl combine all ingredients, reserve a few white chocolate chips to sprinkle on top.  Pour the cake batter into a regular sized coffee mug (I used an oversized because it seemed like a lot of batter, but I think a regular sized would've been fine.) Sprinkle the remaining white chocolate chips on top.  Microwave for 90 seconds.  Insert a toothpick onto the center of the cake, if it doesn't come out clean, microwave for an additional 30 seconds.  Be careful...the mug will be HOT! :)

recipe adapted from blogs.babble.com/familykitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment