Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Banana Cream Parfait

I started my Valentines Day off having no idea what I'd be serving for dessert that evening.  All  morning I  was brainstorming in a desperate attempt to come up with a game plan for something quick, easy, and something that would please everyone.  Then it hit me... Banana Cream Parfaits!!! I knew I could easily make the parfaitst to look like I spent a long time preparing them...It literally took ten minutes total to throw these together!!!  They are " semi-homemade" meaning I made the whipped cream myself and store bought everything else.

INGREDIENTS:
1.5 c crushed vanilla wafers (plus a few whole ones for garnishing)
2 bananas (1.5 cut into small pieces and the other half can be cut into quarters lengthwise for garnishing)
1 6oz pkg instant banana pudding (prepared with milk according to package directions)
8 oz heavy whipping cream
1/4 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla

DIRECTIONS:
The ingredients can be layered in any way desired, but here is how I did mine.  In any sort of stemware place a layer of crushed vanilla wafers, followed by a layer of banana pudding.  On top of that layer place a thin layer more of crushed vanilla wafers, a generous amount of banana chunks and another layer of pudding.  Top with whipped cream.  Garnish with a whole wafer and a banana slice.

TO PREPARE WHIPPED CREAM:
whip the heavy whipping cream until almost stiff.  Add sugar and vanilla, beat until cream holds peaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment