Saturday, October 27, 2012

Tricia's Apple Crisp

I try to make something sweet once a week. Last week the husband requested apple crisp. With apple season in full swing and having everything else already in the cupboards I thought "perfect!" So I bought the apples I... needed and placed them in the fruit basket and there they sat ALL week long. (I told you it was a busy week!) So since he made breakfast I agreed I'd return the favor this morning and make him his apple crisp. :) No lie, this is one of the best apple crisps I've ever tasted!!! And it's a Daily Garlic original. :)



 
 
INGREDIENTS:

8 C gala apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
3/4 C sugar
1TBSP flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon

1 C quick-cooking oats
1 C flour
3/4 C brown sugar, packed
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 C butter, melted

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Peel, core and slice your apples and place into a large bowl. Mix in 3/4 C flour, 1 TBSP flour and 1 tsp ground cinnamon. Transfer to a 9x13 in glass baking dish. In another bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. After combined, stir in the melted butter until fully incorporated. Pour the mixture over the prepared apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 40min. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment