Saturday, October 13, 2012

Korean Chicken Soup

This is a new recipe for me and I can tell already that it's one of my favorites. It's super easy and relatively quick...which I love. I used to think I hated ginger, but it's dishes like this one that have made me realize that I actually adore ginger! It's so yummy! You can find the recipe in the comments below. If you decide to try it, come back and let me know what you think!



 
INGREDIENTS:

8 cups chicken broth
2 TBSP finely chopped garlic
2 TBSP fresh grated ginger
1/2 C white rice, uncooked
1 TBSP soy sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1-2 tsp hot chile paste or hot chile sauce
1 C cooked chicken, shredded
2 scallions, finely chopped
1 TBSP sesame seeds, toasted

DIRECTIONS:

Add broth, garlic and ginger in a Large sauce pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Add rice. Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer until the rice is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil; add chile paste (or sauce) to taste. Add the chicken and heat through. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.

NOTE: If you plan to serve this soup to kids (mine loved it!) then I recommend to leave the hot chili sauce out and then add it to the individual bowls instead. It's also an easier way to control the spiciness if one person likes theirs with more or less of a kick!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment