Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Homemade Caramel Sauce


I've been wanting to try making homemade caramel sauce for quite awhile now. And after a recent family trip to Apple Hill and regretting the whole way home not buying a caramel apple, I thought it the perfect opportunity to finally give it ...a try. I had been eyeballing a few recipes online, but when I found this recipe by HowDoesShe?.com I knew I had a winner. Let me tell you folks, this is one of the most satisfying sugary treats I have ever concocted! I'm not sure if it was the farm fresh apple or my mad kitchen skills, but I was left literally scraping what I could out of the bowl and licking it off of my finger!!! AH-MAZING stuff here!!!
 


 
INGREDIENTS:
 
3/4 C brown sugar
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C corn syrup
1/3 C butter
2/3 C whipping cream
 
DIRECTIONS:



Combine the first four ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a full boil over medium heat. This should take 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and pour into a container. The sauce will thicken as it cools.

No comments:

Post a Comment